Thursday, February 8

Worms, Perfection and General Boredom

You would think having absolutely no work to do for 3 solid days would give you some ideas and time to blog, unfortunately in my case this is untrue, so my formal apologies now for a very random, unstructured blog of hogwash.

This last week has been an interesting one. Coming from a most fantastic weekend into mayhem and chaos in the office didn't quite suit my good mood on Monday morning. Now for anyone that knows me I am not the most computer literate or tolerant person in the world (notice the irony in me blogging) so when I get told that a worm has got into our server at work my mind goes back to Pacman days of old with that cute little yellow man chomping away on the screen. Unfortunately this worm wasn't particularly cute or yellow for that matter and you could not just press reset or play again when it said game over. And we were literally game over for 3 whole days. This "worm/virus" is called the norway.j (who thinks of crap like that anyway?) virus, i personally prefer the "piece of shite that stole 3 days of my life from me" virus as a name. We had to shut down COMPLETELY, I couldn't even play solitaire on my computer.

Now it might look like I am bitter about all of this, most people would love to have 3 days of not being able to do anything, they would see it as a holiday of sorts. For me a holiday is lying in the sun on a beach or by the pool relaxing, NOT and I repeat NOT sitting in an office that feels like a sauna (we have air con issues) doing sweet bugger all for 3 days. Not to mention the fact that I am now 3 days behind of my work (notice the irony once again on me blogging right now). So bitter is an understatement. Anyway we seem to be getting back to normal (touch wood and all those good things) and the origin apparently has been located. Lets hope they blast the living daylights out the creature ( yes I do realise how computer illiterate I am but its called a worm and I would like to picture it being killed!).

So during my three days of boredom and hell, I relied on my cell phone as my form of communication with the outside world. This is not a new thing for me to be joined at the hip with my phone but I really did feel so isolated (sniff sniff). When I am at work I rely on skype and e-mail to keep me sane and that was taken away so that left my trusty cell phone friend at my side. Through thick and thin I tell you. So not only did this stupid worm take my daily sanity and amusement away from me it also caused me to support MTN ever more than I usually do. Not to mention the 3 days lacking in chatting to cuteness on skype (which still isn't working!!!!) and also to the Honourable Whiteboy.

Now most of you that know me will know who the Honourable Whiteboy is but those of you that don't, he would be the boyfriend in my life and who is possibly cringing at this point because I am mentioning him. Anyway the reason he is being mention at this point is as mentioned above I couldn't chat to him on skype either thanks to this horrid worm. Now as soppy as you think this is going to sound, you are wrong there. Obviously I missed his company but it was the teasing and banter that usually occurs every day that was missing in my life. You might be thinking that this sounds very strange but being laughed at and teased during the day has become as much as a daily habit as brushing my teeth (which I do twice daily). And I missed dishing it out too, not that I am any good at that though. The Honourable Whiteboy, who is still panicking at this point, has definitely become the sanity in my life and through all the banter and teasing me, he has become the perfect boyfriend. Now that he is completely freaked out and mumbling "I cant believe she is saying all these things" under his breath, I would like to share an sms conversation we had this week:

Sweet Pea: I am dying of boredom here
Whiteboy: Think you should spend some time blogging about how perfect I am
Sweet Pea: Sure thing will dedicate a whole blog to you (slight poetic license there)
Whiteboy: Don't you dare!!!!!!!!!!!

So my Honourable Whiteboy you are superbly perfect and here is the blog for you. Now that you are also insanely embarrassed just think back to the time you told me you were having X-rays on your hand and told me that the doctors were saying you had cracked it. And then sending my poor compassionate self a MMS of your index finger showing me a nice ZAAAAAAAA, this is pay back.

But all the banter and baiting aside I do think that you are fabulous and I am sorry ladies that I have taken this one off the market!

So now that I have completely written a long blog of randomness I must get on with some work now.

Have a PMS/CBS/Norway.J Virus free day now

Sweet Pea

P.S. Would just like to take this opportunity to welcoming Tit to the blogging world!

3 comments:

Phlippy said...

Aaaaaawwwww, Whiteboy, I luff you too guy :-)

Great Posting SweetPea, and yes, welcome Tit to our little world.

Allek said...

Damn that very random...hi Im also new so dnt mind me askin but who is whiteboy?

enjoy....

Cheers;)

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

All so sweet really... nice work sweet pea. :)