Tuesday, February 6

Life's little lessons.

So I am turning 25 this year, and I thought I would write down 25 things that I have learnt. They are in no particular order and it is not necessarily one lesson a year…


  1. Dogs do not like to be dressed up in dolls’ or baby clothes.
  2. Never forget to take your medicine.
  3. Personalized number plates are NOT a good idea.
  4. Nuns should never have access to rulers.
  5. Weekly bomb scares are unique to multi-cultural schools in Boksburg.
  6. Going through a stop street in front of the cops is never clever.
  7. It is embarrassing to scream in Scream 2, especially in a packed cinema.
  8. You have been playing Doom too much when, wanting to look behind you, you physically turn around instead of moving your mouse.
  9. It is never a good idea to walk into strangers rooms (tender age of 9) at the Kruger Park. They will be everywhere you are for the rest of the holiday, including sitting behind you on the night-drive.
  10. It is not fun to fall out of a 20 year old land cruiser onto a rocky dirt road.
  11. Never bite off more than you can chew.
  12. Boys will always like their toys, even when they are over 50.
  13. There is such a thing as too thin.
  14. Be careful what you wish for.
  15. If you enjoy having the photo taken, you will look good in it.
  16. Everyone’s family is weird.
  17. Never trust a jealous friend.
  18. Playing kissing catchers with bright red lipstick on will annoy the boys’ mothers and get you sent home from nursery school. (So does water-fights)
  19. Most things are slow and few things go smoothly.
  20. Panado is not a good painkiller, the next time I take one of those it will be because I’m hungry.
  21. You don’t want to be a peaktoosooner.
  22. Be gentle with those you love. Never forget the importance of family and friends.
  23. Always take the stairs.
  24. It is never a good idea to get in between a lioness and her cubs when on foot.
  25. Say I love you, Thank-you and sorry more.

Remain Infinitely Cute

XXX

3 comments:

Jam said...

Cuteness - I love lesson No. 9, I did the exact same thing as a kid. Accidently went running into the wrong chalet (all the damn rooms look the same) and couldn't understand what these strange people had done with my parents.
Great post!

Phlippy said...

Hmmm, Cuteness, you and I need to chat :-)

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

msmozi EEK!!! it is positively the worst feeling! the family still mocks me...

phlips - sure hun, know where to find me. i am intrigued as to what tho, dammit!