Saturday, February 10

Van Wilder to Rookie

What is it about getting older and the effects of alcohol? Why is it that when you used to laugh at a hang over you now need 4 days to recover after a night of a couple of drinks? I'm not talking about 10 glasses of wine and 7 shooters here, I'm talking about sticking to one drink, having singles and only having 4 of them. OK throw in a tequila and a jager bomb to that as well but that was the total of what I consumed last night. Now that may sound like a lot but coming from 5 years at Stellenbosch that is child's play for an evening.

In my first 3 years at varsity we used to have drinking games at my place without fail every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evening before we hit the town. And we used to arrive with a full bottle of spirits, usually Russian Bear Vodka (bad flashbacks) EACH. I mean lets not mess around here, we weren't there to discuss Third World Politics and that was before we went out. Then the shooters started. And we were fine the next day, granted there were many headaches, memory losses and many a nights of throwing our names away but we just got over it and carried on. A friend of mine used to call me Van Wilder: The Party Liaison, I was not scared to drink or play a drinking game or two.

Now, here I sit today with a hang over from hell after having 4 SINGLE Jamesons and water, 1 tequila and 1 jager bomb in an evening. What the hell? Why have I had a pounding headache and that queasy nauseating feeling in my stomach all day from that. Its pathetic!!!! Do I dare even say it, SIGH.....I am getting too old for this shit!!!!

But the thing is, and this is what really bothers me, I just don't learn. Because here I sit extremely tired and feeling like there is a train that keeps going round and round in circles in my head and guess what? I am probably going to end up at the Maneater tonight! I clearly am not as old as I think I am if I have this immature silly mentality. I just don't learn!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I am sure there will be another hang over to blog about on Monday

Have a PMS/CBS/Norway.J Virus (still not over that) free weekend now.

Sweet Pea

2 comments:

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

sweetie you can still drink most people under the table, just no more school girl errors!

Anonymous said...

I definitely cannot do that anymore. Could claim that at one time but I'm afraid I have lost my touch when it comes to consuming copious amounts of alcohol. Not a bad thing entirely!