Thursday, March 22

Out for a Golden Duck

I have this alarming skill of making a complete ass of myself and last night I did such a perfect job that I had the entire Dodgy Rodger adding in their little bit on the event.

Infinite Cuteness walks up to the wicket. The crowds and fellow team mates watch with antici…..pation. She approaches the wicket. Before she takes her stance, she does her signature hair flick and prepares for the ball that will soon be flying at her at great speed. The crowd holds their breathe……… The other team yells with glee, Cuteness is out… for a GOLDEN DUCK!

Ok, granted this is a little cryptic. So, last night, while desperately looking for a place to put our bums last night, I saw some stools standing wide open. I rushed over, reading to plonk my ass on one. A girl told me that her boyfriend and some mates were sitting there. I looked at her ever so coyly, slowly started to sit and suggested they stand for a bit….. At which point I realized that I was putting my bum down on fresh air! In slow motion I fell to the floor! Now I wasn’t drunk, was on my first drink which was half full (note: first drink – first ball – out = golden duck). And no it was not in a little tucked away corner or in a very empty restaurant. It was smack bam in centre of a very packed Jolly! The girl helped me up. My friends had walked off, but they did not realize I had fallen. Durban said “I turned around and u were there then turned back and you were gone! Then this girl said that I just walked off and left you after you fell, and she called me a C@#$.” People watched as I told my friends of my story, blushing and giggling. They laughed and smiled at me trying to make it seem ok. I just felt small. Very very small.

Needless to say I have a bruised bum, back and tricep. Being renowned for my clumsiness I haven’t had a spectacular fall in a long while, this one makes up for the rest of 2007!

6 comments:

Phlippy said...

Sigh - sorry Cuteness

DaveRich said...

I have the same irratating habit, I am a clumsy ass... so I know the feeling well. I was at the Jolly last night but I didn't see anything. Was there late though. Nice post.

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

Unfortunately my athletic display was early in the evening....

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

Unfortunately my athletic display was early in the evening....

Jam said...

Oh no Cuteness - As someone who can completely relate to your clumsiness, I'm just waiting for the day when I fall down those stairs from the upstairs section at Manhattans. It's inevitable.

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

sigh and i keep finding more bruises!!!