Tuesday, March 13

It has begun...

So the other day on Facebook, I came across an old friend. I went to his Matric dance back in the day and it was good to make contact again. It turned out he is now engaged, which is fantastic news really. So I was telling the parents about how I had managed to get in touch with him again and my mother’s face lit up. “He was such a nice boy, you should see him again. He did like you once.” Ok true he did have a crush on me but I didn’t reciprocate, and some years later I can look back and say that I missed out on a good man there. Mind you he did buggar off to England, fight in the war…. I inform my mother that he is engaged and living in England………. And it starts…….

(Please note for ease of typing, my thoughts will be in BOLD)

“I think you scare boys off, you horrible to them.” No ALEX scares them and I am a very nice person thank you very much! “What about what’s his face, he had a thing for you I’m sure.” Clearly he made an impression on you though, you calling him what’s his face. “And what about so and so? Didn’t you quite like him? No mom so and so has a VERY serious girlfriend. Their hip attachment operation was a huge success by the way. “O. But you know lots of boys, do you like none of them? This is because you are horrible to them you know” We are mates mom, don’t you know, I'm THAT girl. And I’m not horrible, ok well only to vultures and hyenas abut they deserve it and… “Your problem is you don’t make a move on the boys you like. Boys are shy too you know, maybe if you made a move on one of them you would see that these ‘friends’ actually like you.” Did you just tell me to make a move and after interrupting my thoughts? What is that? "Anyway you 24 now, need to start having decent mature relationships with boys so you can figure out what type you like and things.” Mom, you are an English teacher, mature and a boy together is an oxymoron. And boys aren’t a problem, its men that are few and far between! “Ask tit and sweet pea if they know any nice boys for you, I’m sure they do, you know!”

She then heads off to rehearsal (she is directing the school play) leaving my father and me to putter around in a comfortable silence. The Don is a man of few words and we had chatted quite a bit today so I couldn’t imagine what else he would need to know. Besides cricket was on, all I had to do was finish up the cooking, then clean up, make the coffee and plonk in the lounge. BUT THEN HE STARTS… I nearly fell off my chair, (it was like that time I saw him actually petting one of our dogs, he doesn’t even know their names and we have had them for 2 years!!) (Once again bold rule applies.)
I thought what’s his face quite liked you” nope. “And so and so” just friends.
Ok, any other guys on the scene?” Fraid not dad. If you had bought me A new pair of breasteses like a asked a few years back, maybe things would have been different! To that he just kinda giggled and said he will have his coffee in the lounge.

And so the pressure has begun. I can just see the 2 of them chatting in bed. “You know, cuteness is 25 this year. She isn’t going to have her limited looks forever, and she isn’t that smart. We have to marry her off quickly.” “But she is so horrible to boys. I’m going to ask brother cuteness if he has any nice friends.”

Ok I don’t think the conversation has quite gone like this but she has indeed asked my brother if he has some nice friends for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I had had this problem about a year ago but things eased up. Now it seems the pressure is back. Perhaps a date will happen soon and then there will be reprieve for a while, or will that make it worse……
(psst don't forget to read the other 2 posts from 2day, Durban did a good job!)

Remain Infinitely Cute
XXX

12 comments:

__ said...

Single men, watch out: the parents are on the hunt for vict^H^H^H^Heligible husbands for their offspring.

I can hardly wait to meet the beau's my future daughters will drag home, trembling, to meet Big Bad Dad and obtain his approval. Yeah.

Anonymous said...

Ahh Cuteness you finish me!

Mama Cuteness and The Don in bed discussing your love life, cant quite picture The Don having too much to say, haha as you said, man of very few words. Think I've only ever got hi and how are you. Haha. There is a trend with the men in your family, men of few words! Scary stuff!!!! Maybe thats where Alex gets that side from!

ChewTheCud said...

This is weird. I think I know the guy you're talking about. He got engaged sometime last year. You got an e-mail address cos if it's the same guy I wanna contact him.

Anonymous said...

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mama Cuteness just wants grandchildren luv....
You could always shut them up once and for all and bring home someone nasty....Im thinking trailor park trash....
Can you imagine.......

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

Chew the cud. st johns boy?

ChewTheCud said...

i dunno where he went to school - met at varsity, never bothered to ask. I certainly didn't go to st. johns ;P

Phlippy said...

Cuteness... that was brilliant [not the situation but the post itself]. At least they didn't ask if you were gay? My folks were worried when I was 15 that I never had a gf, well my mom at least, and asked if wasn't gay. Slaps are still being dished for that question... sigh

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

k mine was good but yours is better phlips

lordwiggly said...

Cuteness you march right back to yo mama and The Don and tell them you have at least one major fan! And BTW there aint nothing wrong with your breasteses neither!

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

wiggles?

lordwiggly said...

Yerrrrrsssssss?!?!?!?! (Its me, silly!)

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

oh, hahaha. drift on my part....
Thanks hun. mwah.