Wednesday, July 4

Puddles or Pools

So last week was nice and chilled. We went off to the farm after a few not so nice and unchilled happenings. We met Beers’s new girl, who all in all seems really nice and isn’t the size (including height) of my leg. She thought we were nice too and told my brother that it was really nice to meet people who aren’t stuck up, who are friendly, fun and ordinary. Personally I took exception to this. There is absolutely nothing, not even a smidgen of ordinary in me. I mean forgetting everything else, I am completely insane! Anyway moving along. After having a night of laughs and spending our time talking in the crime and investigation narration voice, (the narrators go to a special school i'm telling you.) we headed off to bed. Now it gets so cold that you pile on so many blankets you cannot move all night and breathing is difficult. Sleeping with a gas heater on is, well, stupid.
The rest of the week was pretty uneventful.
I did get lost walking in the bush though, for about 2 hours. It’s not really a huge issue, getting lost, as long as you get home before its dark, you don’t run into any snakes or one of the leopards that live in the entire Waterberg area. It is also good to have a good sense of direction (like being able to remember the sun sets in the West). So it was getting later and colder, dusk was upon me and I had still not reached the ridge. I had decided to head that way because once I found it I knew I would know where I was. Finally I phoned my sister and we eventually found each other, getting home before dark or becoming leopard food. You know how people say that when you need it, your sense of survival kicks in??? Complete crap!!!!!!! Not only was I walking in circles basically but I was walking in the opposite direction to the ridge!

On the Friday we took a drive down to the beach. This is basically a little patch of sand next to the river. It’s pretty dry at the moment so one can explore quite a large area of rock. There are tiny little pools and small small rapids. Now my one dog is a complete princess but will run and explore as long as she doesn’t get her paws wet (I mean good god imagine!!!). The other one is also a little prissy but enjoys running around and exploring. She has huge fun at the beach. She is however so terrified of water, she gets nervous around her water bowl. Not this Friday. She was dashing in and out the puddles, getting sopping. Jumping on sandbanks and running in the water a little and out, then barking at it like it would run, terrified by the yap of a too small Pekingese. I was watching carefully just in case she decided to go swim with the hippo. Firstly she can’t swim and secondly it’s a HIPPO! Anyway I lost sight of her for a bit, only to discover her desperately trying to not to sink in a puddle (well for her a pool). I baywatched to her rescue, amazed that I didn’t break anything considering the rocks I ran over and climbed and my world-famous clumsiness. I grabbed her out of the puddle um pool just as she started to go under and saved her. Both of us now sopping I walked to safer territory only to see that my family was looking at me like I was mad?!? I put the dog down and she sprinted off to continue her afternoon romp while I stood there drenched and freezing.
Dumb Dog.

Remain Infinitely Cute
XXX

4 comments:

ChewTheCud said...

So you're saying you have a little bit more survival instinct than your dog, but not much? You're so getting a compass for your birthday ;)

Number one reason I rate Jack Russel's - we took ours to the beach one day. The dogs were body surfing in 10 minutes.

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

Dont think we have any survival skills!!!!

hahaha now that would be too cute... my dogs spent the entire time investigating the sand and running after and barking at everything that moved. they werent afraid of crabs let me tell u!

Her Infinite Cuteness said...

phlippy love, they arent real dogs this is true... but they so uuugly they cute, what can i say! im not really a pitbull kind of girl. st bernards yes, anything else, no!

Anonymous said...

pms is a really problem, but there are good pms tips to stop that suffering...